After yesterday’s post, which was slightly “glass is half empty” kinda thinking, I wanted to chat about how Tonga is already blessing my life.
1. In Tonga, I talk to my sister way more than I ever did in Sydney.
Granted, it is via email but now that I have moved away, I feel so much more connected to my little sis than I did at home. We email each other several times a week and she is my most frequent corresponder.
2. Our Tongan bible study is the best life group I’ve ever been to. It is such a great mix of people and as nearly all of the attendees are older and wiser than me, I am getting some good mentoring.
3. Our Tongan landlady lets us have a pet. Try to find an affordable rental in Sydney that will let you do that.
4. I have more time for myself now that I work flexible hours and my commute is just over ten minutes.
5. In having less “stuff” and having a significantly reduced income, I’m grateful for the smaller things in life. And I’m grateful when people are generous towards us.
Before I would never have been particularly thankful when we borrowed a car or someone had us over for dinner but here, it really means a lot.