Sometimes you just have to eat cake and pull funny faces.
I’m really blessed with some awesome people in my life. I have great friends and a supportive extended family, mostly anyway!
Moving away for a year has been an eye opener; there are some people who I thought would be my most frequent emailers but I haven’t heard from them once. Then there are some people who email me all the time and I am overjoyed with a new closeness this has brought.
This year I am going to focus extra hard on the people who give me joy and stop being so bummed out by other slackers. My goals for 2012:
- go on more “dates” with my husband. Romance in Tonga, you’d think it would be easy on a tropical island but not so much.
- Email the awesome people in my life even more.
- continue to develop friendships with people at work ie. bake more cookies, practice my tongan and be ok to just “hang” out and resist being productive all the time.
- keep praying that my dad will come to visit me in Tonga.
- spend lots of time with E and baby and the AYADs and fun people from church and my dog. Oh yes, I LOVE my dog.
- be kinder to myself. Be ok with imperfection, learn to accept a compliment and stop telling myself I’ll be the very worst minister’s wife.
(Even as I type this, I’m remembering what I said yesterday about preferring my real living magazine to the bible… yep, still think I’m going to suck as a minister’s wife).