I finally have to mental space to sit down and reflect on how the rest of my goals are going.
My work/career goals:
finalise the minor “tweaks” to my assignment. DONE! complete my assignment by delivering 7 more training workshops. 3 DOWN, FOUR TO GO! Thus, I’m on track. Enrol for post graduate studies.POSTPONED. I looked into this and it is going to be easier to enroll when I get back to Australia.
- Write a journal article and submit it for publication. YEAH, DIDN’T HAPPEN.
- Start writing my novel. I DID SOME THINKING…..
- Find a social work job in a supportive, well managed team when I return to Sydney, hopefully in the asylum seeker/refugee/settlement services sector. I’M NOT BACK YET, AM I?
- to read my bible more.
- pray more and as a first response, not a last resort.
- commit to going to City Impact church on Sunday mornings. Keep on going to Tues night bible study and Sun night worship with English speaking Church.
- continue to work on the, ahem, less desirable aspects of my character ie. being more patient and less critical.
- be more thankful.
- continue to find ways to be generous, hospitable and loving towards others.
I suspect that I’m not making quite as much progress as I’m hoping. The last few months have been a bit disruptive to our usual schedule and I’ve found it hard to keep going with good habits. Some days are better than others. Some days I care and some I don’t.
Lately, I’ve been super encouraged by a friend of mine from Bible study. She is a missionary, a wife, a mum and so servant hearted but very honest about her struggles. Yet she always seem to have such joy and faith. I aspire to be like that one day.