When it came to writing a post today, I felt that I had run out of inspiration. Yesterday’s post was such a heavy topic that it’s sucked all my writing juice. So, for today, some weird stuff you may or may not know about me.
1. I have never scuba dived or snorkelled with success. I use my asthma as an excuse (which it is) but I am actually terrified of being eaten by a shark. Or even just seeing a shark.
2. I have secret dreams of opening up a flower shop or bakery devoted entirely to cupcakes or becoming a wedding planner. I blame romantic comedies for these dreams.
3. I like to come off as hard working and very organized but I worry, all the time, that I’m actually super lazy.
4. I cried in all three Toy Story Movies. In Up. In Finding Nemo. I can no longer watch “P.S. I love you” or “The Time Traveller’s Wife” because they make me cry too much and think about my husband dying.
5. While I hate the fantasy/ sci-fi writing genre, I have read Lord of the Rings approximately 17 times. It could be more as I often pick it up and read random sections.
6. My best memories from high school were of playing “the Baker’s wife” in the musical “Into the Woods.”
7. My husband is studying to be a minister and I suspect that I’ll be a terrible minister’s wife. I’m not patient enough, don’t care enough about craft groups, think most churches are too self focused and not outwardly giving and it pissed me off, all the time as a child, that people at my dad’s church would watch me like a hawk.
8. My secret talent is for making tiramisu. While it doesn’t rival my step-grandmother’s, a friend once told me that my tiramisu was better than the one she ate in Italy. I hope she was telling the truth because it was one of my proudest days.
9. If I could have a dinner party with anyone of my choosing, I would pick: my husband, Nelson Mandela, Bono, Joan Didion, C.S. Lewis, Aung San Suu Kyi and the chef from Mom Tri’s Kitchen in Thailand (someone has to cook).
Your turn. Give me a strange fact about yourself….. Go!
P.S. If you ever travel to Thailand and are in the Phuket area, make sure you have dinner at Mom Tri’s Kitchen on Kata beach. Best meal of my life. We ate there on our honeymoon.